It has been a busy 12 months. We have been riding the best trails that Scotland has to offer with some of the biggest names in the mountain bike world, and to top that off, we have been lucky enough to use some of the best new mountain bike products from Evoc Sports, and we thought you might be interested to hear what we had to say about them!?
Our introduction to Evoc came in the form of the Freeride Trail Backpack, and the first thing you notice is the build quality. As soon as you pick this bag up it feels like a high-quality item, then as you further investigate, you come across fantastic features like, a back protector, wide waist strap, tool compartment, sunglasses pouch and side pockets (ideal for inner tubes).
So what is it like to ride with? Fantastic! Below are our observations:
- It is a good length so no banging on your helmet
- The back protector also keeps your water bladder away from your back, which in turn keeps your water cool
- Two side pockets for inner tubes and tyre levers
- Sunglasses pouch and internal pocket for phone, wallet etc.
- It is not bulky, so you never feel your riding position is compromised
- Waist belt is the most secure I have ever ridden with
Due to how impressed we were with the backpack, when it came to purchasing new bike travelling bags there was only one option. We had read the reviews in the mountain bike press and all was looking good, so on a recent trip abroad we decided it was time to invest and here’s how we got on.
- 5 minutes bike packing and unpacking time
- Separate wheel compartments, so no bent discs
- Internal pocket for tool and pedals, which meant they weren’t rattling around in transit, damaging the frame
- Raised chainstay protection block, no need to remove rear mech when travelling
- Wide wheels at rear, so easy to move around the airport
- And best of all, sitting having a beer watching everyone else cutting cable ties, covered in bubble wrap fighting to build their bikes! ;-) Priceless!
For 2011 we have taken on the World Traveller bag for our guides. We spend around six months a year guiding groups around the Highlands of Scotland, moving around different accommodation, living from our kit bags. How have we found them so far?
- Large, more space than you will ever need
- Various internal space dividers, good for keeping clean and dirty clothes apart
- Wide wheels which make it very stable to move around
- Good grab handles for pulling it off airport carousels
We have to say that we are continually impressed with Evoc products and look forward to seeing what improvements or new products they will be bringing out over the coming years.
Have you had any experience of these products? We’d love to hear what you think!